Joining one of my open courses is a great way to have an adventure with other like minded folk, learning new skills along the way. As an individual it is a more affordable way to benefit from the teaching and guidance of an IFMGA guide.
SKI TOURING SKILLS DAY
To provide a basic training in the skills required for ski touring. A good opportunity for skiers with some off-piste experience who want to get away from the crowds and experience true back country and untouched snow. Mid winter is a fantastic time to explore the area and have an adventure while learning the skills on a day ski tour.
1 day – Saturday 23rd December 2017
This course is run by one IFMGA guide to six skiers.
£95 pounds (GBP) per person
Please contact me by email email@example.com to book or if you have any questions regarding the course.
With the snow line lower in early winter there is a wide choice of venues close to or in the Chamonix valley, we will meet in central Chamonix then travel where the best conditions are.
We may tour from the road or take a ski lift to get us into position.
Chamonix, The Aravis, Val D’Aoste or just over the border into Switzerland are all options.
8am Central Chamonix
- Informal briefing at start of the day.
- Basic Planning and choice of venue.
- Use of skins/Couteau and skinning technique.
- Uphill kick turns.
- Putting a track in.
- Basic Avalanche Awareness.
- Group Dynamics.
- Skiing the best snow.
- Review and what to do next with equipment discussion.
- Avalanche Transceiver/Shovel/Probe (Can be provided and included in the course fee).
- Skis with Ski Touring bindings/Ski Touring Boots/Skins/Couteau (Sanglard Sports and Concept Pro in Chamonix are both recommended).
- A ‘what to pack and wear’ list will be sent out.
- Full days Guiding and Instruction from Jonny Baird IFMGA/UIAGM
- Transport in the Valley
What’s not included:
- Lift Tickets (if needed)
- Equipment or ski hire
- Rescue Insurance